About the Company
Business for Scotland Ltd (BfS) campaigns for the business and economic policies that allow their members’ businesses to thrive and bring greater prosperity to Scotland. Business for Scotland publishes articles that influence, providing expert opinion, evidence, and advice to both the Scottish and UK Parliaments. As a pro-independence business network, they also organise networking events, conferences, and dinners, and regularly produce impactful and unique research reports.
We manage several social and economic policy campaigns, our largest and best known is Believe in Scotland, the leading national campaign for Scottish independence.
About the Jobs
This is a full-time paid graduate internship and in this post your key responsibilities will be to:
- Research, analyse and present information for use in reports, press releases or infographics
- Research and develop credible and influential economic and policy ideas and convey these into credible and well-written reports and articles for BfS’s digital media
- Be involved in project administration, assist on event management and stakeholder communication for the projects you manage
- Follow national and regional press for stories and news, to produce short stories and blog posts for BfS’s digital media
- Manage Research and communication projects
- Manage marketing projects and some admin including invoicing and communication with external stakeholders
- Assist in quality checking, fact checking reports
About the Candidates
The ideal candidate will be a graduate, preferably in economics, politics, journalism or a numerical discipline.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Commitment to, and interest in, driving high-quality research
- A good grasp of politics and society
- Ability to critically analyse information
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Strong research and report writing skills
- Strong numerical ability – a background in economics, finance/accounting would be advantageous but is not a requirement
The following experience would be beneficial:
- Some experience conducting primary research, including developing data collection, instrument (questionnaire) and preparing and analysing quantitative as well as qualitative data
- Experience of producing research outputs such as articles, blogs and reports
- Experience of research and data analysis of economic and policy issues
- Political/charitable volunteering experience would be advantageous
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter including:
- Relevant experience, qualifications
- Demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
- Your availability for interview and to start employment
- The Closing Date for applications is 5pm Friday June 24th and the successful candidates are expected to begin work in July 2022.
- This is a full-time paid internship based in Glasgow and will end in September 2023.
- Flexible working arrangements including job share, some home working and flexitime/reduced hours will be considered.
- Salary will be comparable to similar graduate roles and more experienced candidates can command a higher salary.
Successful candidates must, by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]